WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app in the world and Simvacy can be used to protect your personal number from Facebook in a matter of minutes. Replacing your existing personal number for Simvacy will not remove any of your chat history or contacts. You can even send a notification to your contacts automatically that you have a new number through WhatsApp.
N.B depending on your device there may be slight variations to the below:
- Important: before you verify your new Simvacy plan on WhatsApp please make sure you have added a forwarding number in your Simvacy dashboard — you need this to receive your WhatsApp code.
- Now open WhatsApp on your device
- Tap Settings > Account > Change number > NEXT.
- Enter your old phone number in the first field and your new phone number in the second field, both in full international format.
- Tap NEXT.
- If you turn on Notify contacts, you can choose if you want to notify All contacts, Contacts I have chats with or Custom… If you select Custom…, you’ll need to search for or select the contacts you want to notify, then tap the checkmark.
- Your group chats will be notified when you change your phone number regardless of whether you choose to notify your contacts.
- You now will be prompted to begin the verification process of your new number.
- WhatsApp will first attempt to send you an SMS to complete the verification, however, once 60 seconds have passed you can request to be called. Once called, enter the 6-digit code you hear repeated.
- That’s it! You now have total anonymity on WhatsApp.
If you encounter any issues with the above take a look at WhatsApp’s detailed support area here — https://faq.whatsapp.com/android/verification/verifying-your-number